information on or through Doctor On Call Services. Doctor On Call values the privacy of the visitors to the Website and users of Doctor On Call Services and Apps (individually, "User" and collectively, "Users"), and makes it a priority to protect any personally identifiable information that it obtains from its Users.
The Information Doctor On Call Collects:
User-provided Information: When you register for an account for Doctor On Call Services or at any later time, you may provide to Doctor On Call what is generally known as "personally identifiable information" (such as your name, age, gender, net of kin, email address, postal mailing address, zip code, and home/mobile telephone number) and credit card information. Certain features of Doctor On Call Services will also require you to upload your photo or video clip or other health data and provide certain health-related information if you so choose and if Doctor On Call deems it necessary or helpful in the provision of Doctor On Call Services or any part thereof. If you choose to provide such information, during registration or otherwise, you are giving Doctor On Call the permission to use and store it consistent with this policy.
• "Credit Card" Information: When you access or use the Website or any other part of Doctor On Call Services, you may enter your credit card details.Doctor On Call only stores the last 4 digits of your credit card for the purposes of identifying the credit card that was charged.
• "Automatically Collected" Information: When you access or use the Website or any other part of Doctor On Call Services, Doctor On Call's servers may automatically record certain information from your browser by using different types of technology, including standard log files, "clear gifs" or "web beacons." Such "server logs" may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, click stream data, operating system and the dates and times that you visit the Website. Additionally, Doctor On Call may record certain information regarding your use of features Doctor On Call may make available on or through the Website, such as information regarding the services or features you have used, and your healthcare providers who have also registered for Doctor On Call Services.
• Third Party Web Beacons: Doctor On Call may also implement third party content, such as textual or graphical links, on the Website that uses "clear gifs," "web beacons," or other similar techniques, which allow the third party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser, or implement similar tracking mechanisms, in connection with your viewing of that third party content displayed on the Website or otherwise made available through Doctor On Call Services. This information is collected directly by such third party, and Doctor On Call does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by third parties in this manner is subject to that third party's own data collection, use, and disclosure policies and Doctor On Call is not responsible for, reviews or controls those policies.
• Your communications: When you send email or other communications to Doctor On Call, Doctor On Call may retain such email or other communications and collect information associated with such email or other communications such as the content, date and time of such messages.
The Way Doctor On Call Uses Information:
• Doctor On Call uses the information that you provide or that it collects in order to establish and enhance its relationship with you. Doctor On Call generally uses such information to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on Doctor On Call Services. Doctor On Call may use the information that you provide or that it collects in order to periodically provide you with reminders about posting or submitting new data or content to your healthcare providers through Doctor On Call Services, or about new data or content provided by your patients through Doctor On Call Services. Doctor On Call may also use your personally identifiable information to provide you with information, newsletters or offers about Doctor On Call's features and services that may be of interest to you.
• Doctor On Call uses all of the information that you provide or that it collects from Users to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of its Users, to improve the way Doctor On Call Services work and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
• Doctor On Call may use the email address you provide at registration to provide you with any notices Doctor On Call is required to provide you in accordance with Doctor On Call's Terms of Service .
• Doctor On Call may use "cookies" information to: (a) remember some of your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website; and (b) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
• Doctor On Call's employees, agents and contractors must have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to the personally identifiable information you may provide to register for an account for Doctor On Call Services. We may share your personally identifiable information with companies that provide services to us, including outside contractors or agents who help us manage our information activities, but they may only use your personally identifiable information to provide us with a specific service and not for any other purpose.
When Doctor On Call Discloses Information to Third Parties:
• Doctor On Call Services enable you to share your User Submissions (as that term is defined in the Terms of Service with other Users. Any personally identifiable information that you choose to include in, or that is associated with, such User Submissions will be accessible by such other Users. Once you make your personally identifiable information available to others in any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction. Therefore, Doctor On Call strongly recommends that you think carefully about what information you transmit or post to or through Doctor On Call Services.
• Doctor On Call may disclose your personally identifiable information to other Users (such as your healthcare providers or next of kin) if you direct or authorize Doctor On Call to communicate in that manner with such Users on your behalf. Doctor On Call may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information to third parties in order to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain content, services, and/or functionality available on or through Doctor On Call Service. • Doctor On Call may also disclose your personally identifiable information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as any Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, Doctor On Call may make such disclosures without first providing notice to you.
• Doctor On Call also reserves the right to disclose User information that it believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Doctor On Call from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend itself against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of Doctor On Call Services; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Doctor On Call, its Users, or others.
You may, of course, decline to enter any or all of your personally identifiable information with Doctor On Call, in which case Doctor On Call may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on or through Doctor On Call Services. If you register for an account for Doctor On Call Services, you may update, or correct, your account information and preferences at any time by going to your account settings personal profile page. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. However, you are SOLELY responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique ACCOUNT AND personal profile Information at all times. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can choose to configure your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Links to Other Sites:
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy:
Doctor On Call does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information on or through Doctor On Call Services from persons under 18 years-of-age without their parent's or legal guardian's consent. Doctor On Call Services are available only to Users who are at least 18 years old or who use Doctor On Call Services under the supervision of their parent or legal guardian. If Doctor On Call learns that personally identifiable information has been collected from persons under 18 years-of-age through Doctor On Call Services without their parent's or legal guardian's consent, then Doctor On Call will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 18 has a registered account with Doctor On Call Services or Doctor On Call has received any personally identifiable information of that child without your consent, then you may alert Doctor On Call at and request that Doctor On Call delete that child's personal information and/or account from its systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
Doctor On Call uses certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. These safeguards comply with the current security standards for protection of health information as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA"). Doctor On Call cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Doctor On Call, and you do so at your own risk. Once Doctor On Call receives any information from you, it makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of its systems. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of Doctor On Call's physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If Doctor On Call learns of a security systems breach, then it may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Doctor On Call may post a notice on or through Doctor On Call Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Doctor On Call Services are intended solely for Users located within the specific jurisdiction of an identified State e.g. Jamaica, or the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the Service from say, the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Jamaican or U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to Jamaica or the United States and by providing your personally identifiable information on or through the Service you consent to that transfer.